School Timings Summer
Prior appointment is required to see the Principal/Teacher on any other day/ time. Kindly note the security will not permit any parent to enter the school at any other time, hence to avoid embarrassment please be present on the schedule day and time.
In case you have a query , you can leave a note in the complaint box.
Aims and objectives of H.P.S
We aim at promoting the entire development of the student, with respect to their
- Adjusting to the environment: To fit each student in a modern civilized world through adjustment to their environment, we aim to train them to:
- Home Life
- Work Life and Skill
- Civil Life
- Home Life: To prepare them for an effective, satisfying membership of the most important unit in the community, the home and to teach them to budget their leisure time wisely so as to balance activities that yield satisfaction with those that are useful and necessary.
- Work Life and Skill: To quality with a suitable occupation, which will make a major contribution to their community, with reference to productivity, creativity, economy and fine arts.
- Civil Life: To be prepared for active democratic participation in the life of their community and the nation in large and small ways.
- Personal Growth: Through our education, we endeavour to help the student to reach the total integrated personality through their spiritual and moral, physical and intellectual aesthetic and cultural, emotional and social formation.
- Spiritual : To respond to God’s call and to achieve such personal communion with them so that prayer and life become completely interwoven.
- Moral: To enable them to develop a strong, self reliant character which will help to make the right choice in values and behavior when called to do so.
- Physical: To develop and maintain a sound body, establishing habits and attitudes that are good and healthy, thus contributing to their physical and emotional growth.
- Intellectual: To train the intellect, to dialogue, analyse, inquire, evaluate and judge rightly.
- Aesthetic: To value truth, and to be sensitive to human nature and to beauty in all its forms literature, Art, Music, Nature.
- Cultural: To assimilate the culture of their own country through its conservation, transmission and renewal, and to appreciate all cultures of other and other nations.
- Emotional: To increase in self-awareness and to grow in the knowledge and understanding of their inner self, in what they are what appears to be, to regulate their emotions and to reach to natural growth by self acceptance, with their potentials and limitations.
To master wholesome social values and attitude in order to play their complete role in a rapidly changing world, in the family, society and nation, thus contributing to each.To awake themselves to a social consciousness and a spirit of availability and ready service at all times and in every sphere of life.
- Every student should bring his/her schoolbag according to the timetable and school diary to school each day.
- Regularity, obedience, courtesy in speech and conduct, cleanliness of uniform in expected from every student.
- Care must be taken of all school property and no students should scratch or spoil the desk/chair, damage any school furniture, write, draw anything on the walls or in any other way damage the things belonging to others.
- The wearing of uniform is mandatory.
- Running and shouting in the school is not allowed. When using staircase and corridors all must keep to the left. Walking or standing around the office area or the visitors’ lobby should be avoided even during recess.
- Students are not allowed to bring any sharp instrument like knives, blades, nail cutter etc, to the school.
- No collection of money/gifts for any purpose, whatsoever, is to be made without the permission of the principal.
- On school days and for school functions and outings, school uniform is mandatory for students.
- The warning bell will ring five minutes before the interval ends as a signal for all to go to their respective classrooms. This should be done promptly and in silence.
- Presence of every child in the assembly is compulsory.
- In order to acquire a good command over English language, which is the medium of instruction, students should speak in English in the school premises.
- The school cannot be held responsible for books, money or any such articles lost. The children must look after their own things. It is not advisable for children to bring money or valuable articles to the school.
- A student is required to have at least 80% of attendance of the total working days to entitle him to appear in the final examination.
- Exemption in deserving cases is granted only when a parent applies for the leave of his son/daughter on any of the following grounds and supported by a medical certificate, whenever necessary.
- Parents to ensure that the person who picks up their child from the school or the bus stop carries the parent’s identity card.
- Early leave after a test or exam is strictly not permitted.
- Leave of half day should be avoided for security reasons. It can be granted in exceptional cases.
- The name, class and section of the pupil should be clearly marked on all belongings of the students; blazers, tie and belt.
- Students are not allowed to use the school telephone except for emergency with the permission of the Principal. They will not be called to answer the phone calls during the school hours.
- Always give healthy and fresh tiffin to your children.
- We are deeply concerned about the safety and security of our student. Please note that no child may be taken home during school hours unless there is an emergency. In that case, the principal may be contacted and permission and gate pass should be obtained.
- Students may not enter the staff room, unless sent for an important purpose.
- Girl’s hair must be plaited or tied back if they reach the shoulders. If the rubber band is worn, they must be white. No fancy hair clips or other accessories are permitted.
- Boy’s hair must not touch the collar and should be cut a little above the ear-lobe.
- Students should be made responsible to take care of their personal belongings. Students are not allowed to wear jewellery.
- If earnings must be worn, they should be small hoops or studs. But no bangles, rings, bracelets, tattoos of any kind will be allowed.
- Participation in games or in other extra-curricular activities is compulsory. Exemption may be granted only on the medical grounds.
- Lost and found articles are to be deposited in the principal office.
- Mobiles are strictly banned in the school. If found with the child, the mobile will be confiscated .
- Unit tests will be taken after the given time table & date sheet.
- Any change in the address and telephone numbers of the parents must be communicated properly to the school authorities.
- A student who repeatedly leave their books at home and students, who do not complete their work, will be fined. Students must reach the school 5 minutes before the assembly bell. If the pupils are late in the assembly they will be sent home. The school accepts no responsibility if a child is obliged to return home for non compliance of any of the school rules.
- A student having Physical Education as a subject in Std. XI-XII is required to purchase the school track suit for practice of Physical Education.
- Birthday:Students are allowed to wear casuals befitting to the school environment. Please note that the students are allowed to distribute only toffees and chocolates among their classmates.
- Zero Period Zero Period is provided on every working day from Monday to Friday. The students are given grooming in all outdoor and indoor activities like games and sports, T.T, Basketball, Skating, Chess, Kho-Kho, Taekwondo etc.
PARENTAL CO – OPERTAION & INVOLVEMENT
HPS is a friendly, caring school and we want you to be fully informed about all aspects of school life and your child’s education. You will receive written notices. This is a vital communication link so carefully take note of all dates concerning your child. If you have any information you wish to share with the school community, please let us know.
We operate an open door policy for parents. If you have any concern for your child or just need to talk, please try to meet the class teacher or principal. It is always better to try and solve any problem when it is small so please do come and talk.
- Parents should look into their children’s School Diary everyday and see that the lessons and homework assigned is duly completed every day.
- No child should be absent without a prior written leave application.
- Remarks made in the School Diary should be acknowledged and countersigned regularly by parents.
- If you feel that a child is not making the desired progress, please make it a point to discuss with the principal.
- Parents are not allowed to meet their children or the teachers during school hours without prior permission of the Principal.
- Parents are expected to participate regularly in school for functions, especially when they are invited.
- Our School teachers do not give private tuition. Therefore, do not approach them to teach your wards privately.
- Please ensure and encourage that your child takes part in all the activities of the school hours.
- Our school is poly bag – free zone. All parents are requested not to send or bring any articles like tiffin, stationery, craft articles etc. to school in poly bags.
- Absence without an application will be fined.
- The date of birth of a student once entered will not be changed.
- Fines may be imposed by the principal for irregularity, indiscipline or damage to the School property.
- Lunch Boxes will not be accepted once the student enters the school campus in any case.
- Co-operation between parents and School Authorities is of paramount importance for the ultimate achievement of the School’s objectives in the education of our pupils. It is essential therefore that parents carry out their responsibilities as joint educators with the school authorities.
- It is the duty of parents to see that their children come punctually to school. Clean and neatly dressed.
- Parents are particularly expected to sign the report or any other similar documents when requested to do so. Failure to do so may put their children to great inconvenience as teachers are instructed to send the children home to get their remarks signed. They should also keep an eye on the attendance record.
- If a pupil is likely to be absent for a long period of time, the Principal must be informed within a week or else her, his name will be struck off the rolls.
- Parents and guardians are specially requested to notify the school Authorities in writing of any change in their address or telephone number (Residence & Office).
- Complaints, if any, should be made to the Principal and not to the Class Teachers.
- Parents and Guardians are requested to interview the teacher on Open days fixed by the school Authorities, as regards to their child’s progress in studies. Last working day of the month is the tentative day for Parents Teacher Meeting.
- The school will not be responsible for goods, money or books lost by the students. All articles belonging to a child must be marked with the class and section and the child’s full name.